Restrictions lifted, some remote hearings will continue
NEWAYGO COUNTY – On Monday, June 21, 2021, all Michigan courts entered Phase 4! This will allow courthouses across the state to return to how operations were prior to the COVID-19 pandemic in most instances. This means that more hearings and services can be provided in person. However, some of the new things we have learned will continue to be used to provide accessibility and transparency to the court process:
• Many types of court hearings will continue using remote methods based on Supreme Court directives.
Litigants should review their notice of hearing or subpoena as it will indicate if the hearing will be held remotely or in person.
• The Newaygo County Courthouse will continue its sanitizing efforts to ensure public and employee safety.
Entering Phase 4 allows most restrictions to be lifted unless authorized by the Chief Judge. Please read the changes below to find out how this will impact your next courthouse visit:
• The Newaygo County Courthouse is open to the public without capacity restrictions.
• Visitors are no longer required to wear masks, but masks are welcome and available at the security station.
• Visitors do not have to complete a health screening for COVID-19 upon entry.
If you are scheduled for a court appearance and you have symptoms of COVID 19,please stay home, and contact the appropriate court below for more details.
• Visitors do not have to social distance in the courthouse.
• Jury trials are resuming at the Newaygo County Courthouse instead of being held offsite.
The judges and staff of the Newaygo County Courthouse are looking forward to a period of stability to permit the public the access they were used to and to expand our services with some of the experiences we have gained in the last 15 months.
Please check out the courts’ website pages at https://www.newaygocountymi.gov, the Newaygo County website, for further information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Phone: (231) 689-7251
Main Phone: (231) 689-7252 Fax: (231) 689-7015
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (231) 689-7228
Main Phone: (231) 689-7257 Fax (231) 689-7258
Email: email@example.com Phone: (231) 689-7274
Main: (231) 689-7270
Fax: (231) 689-7276